Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Food Trip 2: Manang's Chicken

I have tried the specialty of Manang's Chicken several times, which if of course their own version of fried chicken. I first learned Manang's Chicken when a member of Pinoy Exchange told me that the chicken of Manang's is better than Bon Chon (which I also tasted a few months ago). And so, the rest, is definitely history.

Last week (9-22-2011), during my dinner break from work, I decided to buy at their store in Ortigas Center (it is located at AIC Gold Tower, Garnet Road cor. near F. Ortigas Jr. Road Ortigas Center Pasig City. Contact # 5848848). I bought a 1-piece chicken (which costs P75) and I took the mild sauce. Since I have my camera with me, I decided to take some pics of the chicken I bought.

They should consider paper bags instead of plastic bags.


Packaged in Styrofoam

1 pc. chicken (mild sauce) with rice

Closer look of the chicken

In case you didn't know, the chicken is double deep-fried, dipped with a special sauce (you may choose the original one, mild spicy, or extra spicy) and sprinkled with sesame seeds.

Since they are located in Pasig, they should have consider their packaging like box cartons for the food instead of styrofoam, paper bags for take out instead of plastic, and plates, metal spoons and forks for dine-in at their branch. But hopefully they will comply with these, just like other fast foods around the Ortigas Center. 
 
I really love Manang's Chicken! Tasty, delicious, and crispy! I would also recommend their chicken wings as well. "Ang bagong fried chicken ng Pinoy!"

For more info about Manang's Chicken, you may visit their Facebook page: Manang's Chicken. You may also follow them on Twitter: @ManangsChicken


No comments: