Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Food Bazaars 1: Il Mercanti (Metrowalk)

January 14, 2012

Every time I have work on a graveyard shift, especially on a Friday (or Saturday already, since we went there at 2:00 AM), me and my officemates goes to Il Mercanti in Metrowalk.

When we decided to go at Il Mercanti at 2 in the morning, we already know that going there is a no-hassle thing. Before, we were always going to Banchetto when it was located in the vicinity of our office in F. Ortigas Jr. Road (or formerly known as Emerald Ave.). Unfortunately, because of a complaint of a building owner in the same street, they were forced to held it somewhere. (I might give you complete details about Bachetto on a separate blog entry.)


The good thing on how to get to the place from F. Ortigas Jr. Road is that they have provided shuttle vans going to the food bazaar and back.

The good thing on how to get to the place from F. Ortigas Jr. Road is that they have provided shuttle vans going to the food bazaar and back.




Free Shuttle Van To Il Mercanti


The good thing on how to get to the place from F. Ortigas Jr. Road is that they have provided shuttle vans going to the food bazaar and back.

When we arrived at the place, I noticed that few people were there at the food bazaar (probably because some food stall owners are already packed up, or people still partying at Metrowalk, or some people arrived there earlier, or even they preferred the other food bazaar just a few hundred meters away from the site). 




Looks like this shop closed earlier than expected (or maybe they did not show up)

As I checked on some food shops, there were some shops that were closed earlier than expected and/or have not opened on the scheduled night (it's possible), roamed around, and decided what to buy there. Honestly, there were few food choices there yet I still had a hard time on what food to be bought.


Delicious cakes, sweet!

Crepes



If you're thirsty, have a drink!


I decided to check on three stalls that I want to buy food, Pasta Boulivar, Amburger, and Daddy Totoy's Ulitmate Crispy Chicken. Since we had only given a limited time for our break time, I quickly omitted Pasta Boulivar and proceeded to Amburger. I wanted to buy the Juicy Lucy Bacon Mushroom Melt, but the one in charge of the stall told me that they have already ran out of bacon, so I decided to go to Daddy Totoy's.


Pasta Boulivar (their pizza is big and stuffed)

Corn Dog stand

Amburger


When I went to Daddy Totoy's Ulitmate Crispy Chicken, I ordered their crispy chicken and they even offered me a deal, 3 pieces worth P150 (no rice, though). They also asked me what sauce to be applied to the chicken, either soy garlic or buffalo. After choosing, I saw how the sauce applied to the chicken, and they brushed the chicken with soy garlic. (unlike Manang's Chicken, where they put the chicken inside a container with the soy garlic and they are shaking it, as per observation).

Daddy Totoy's Ultimate Crispy Chicken


Their Menu


They brushed the chicken with soy garlic

I tasted the chicken when we got back at the office, it's ok, and the soy garlic applied on the chicken did not hold. Manang's Chicken is way better, though.









Look who's visited Il Mercanti (celebrities that is)


Overall, food stalls there might be a few, and the area is spacious, but if you want to have an alternative on the foods you always bought, then this place is for you. But honestly, I missed the food bazaar just near my workplace in Ortigas, even if it is crowded, lots of smoke, but lots of food choices.

for more pictures, please click here

No comments: