Monday, January 23, 2012

Food Bazaars 2: Banchetto - SM Cubao

January 21, 2012

Whenever I'm hearing the word "Banchetto", the only thing on my mind is food! I always go to Banchetto every Saturday midnight, when it was then held at F. Ortigas Jr. Road (formerly known as Emerald Ave.) in Ortigas Center whenever I have a duty in the office.

While I was in passing through SM Cubao last week, I saw the banner of Banchetto having their food bazaar in SM Cubao carpark. So I planned to check this out last Saturday.

Banchetto at SM Cubao carpark

Located at the 6th level of the carpark, the setting may not be as big as what Banchetto Emerald or even the one held in Megatent have, but nonetheless they were able to held this in a big mall.

Korean food, anyone?

Craving for sweet desserts

I asked some of the tenants there, and according to them, Banchetto in SM Cubao only started last December of 2011. They also added that they're also the ones seen in other Banchetto locations and even other food bazaars in the Metro. So they're literally everywhere whenever there are food bazaars out there. Who knows? Maybe one of them will have a big time business someday.

Preparing Ilocos Emapanda

Turtle pie cake

Look at that big pizza

Honestly, it only took a little time for me to choose on what food will I buy because of a small number of food concessionaires. So I decided to buy a slice of turtle pie cake for P70, one slice of Chicago style meat overload pizza for P130 and baked macaroni for P75. What's good about Banchetto is that every stall strictly requires to put the food you bought in paper bags. 

The crowd at Banchetto

My only observation on the place, as far as food stalls are concerned, is its limited food choices and limited food stalls compared to other food bazaars. Still, having this kind of setup in a mall has a promise to even draw more people and hopefully they even expand as time goes by. 

If you want to check their schedule, it's every Saturday and Sunday, 4PM to 12MN. For an alternative food choices and tired of the usual food, then Banchetto is the place for you.
(for more pictures, please click here)

No comments: