Monday, January 16, 2012

Food Trip 5: Nav - Modern Thai Cusine

January 12, 2011

It's my first food trip for this year and I will experience this kind of food trip for the first time, Thai food.

Someone from Pinoy Exchange invited me to have a food trip at Nav, and since I'm available on the said date, I accepted her invitation. (You can check her blog here)


The outside view of the restaurant

We ordered their starter, son-in-law eggs, while we are waiting for our ordered main dishes. It has tamarind soup and the egg is deep fried, which is quite different to me. At its looks, it may have have been hard boiled, but it has been fried again (I presume). But I liked it.

Their list of menus

Nav's Thai Coffee (ordered by someone, not mine)

Son-in-law Eggs

The main dishes have already arrived a few minutes later. While waiting for 3 other people to come to the restaurant, we initially ordered Tom Yum Goong, Pad Thai, Green Curry Chicken, Wok Fry Tender Pork with Lemongrass, and Beef & Pineapples Thai Rice.

Tom Yum Goong is Thailand's version of our very own sinigang, only it is sour and it has hot. Its taste is kinda so-so for me. I still like sinigang though.

When I tasted their Pad Thai, it tastes good to my taste buds. 

Then I tasted  Green Curry Chicken, Wok Fry Tender Pork with Lemongrass, and Beef & Pineapples Thai Rice. I find them delicious too.

The group also ordered Crisipied Catfish with Green Mangoes (its sound is like a sizzling dish, though I didn't appreciate the taste), Khao Krok Kapi bagoong rice (not a fan of bagoong, and the rice is salty), Penang Curry Beef Brisket (it's good), Wok Fry Squid (delicious), and Crispy Tilapia (which I unable to taste, but I heard it's delicious).


Tom Yum Goong
Pad Thai

Green Curry Chicken with Bamboo Shoots

Wok Fry Tender Pork with Lemongrass
Crispied Catfish with Green Mangoes

Khao Krok Kapi (Bagoong Rice)
Beef and Pineapples Thai Rice

Penang Curry, Beef Brisket

Wok Fry Squid

Whole Crispy Tilapia

For desserts, we have the Taro Mash (it tastes like buchi from Chowking), Pandan Creme (it serves for 2 people, just the right sweetness), and Thai Sticky Rice with mangoes. (Yum!)

Taro Mash

Pandan Creme

Thai Sticky Rice with Mangoes

Clock is ticking at Nav

Shot of the interior of Nav




Overall, I liked the food trip experience at Nav's. Their servings is big enough to fill our tummies. I would recommend this restaurant and I will keep coming back.


Nav - Modern Thai Cusine is located at:
16-C United Street (across Ace Water Spa)
Kapitolyo, Pasig City

Tel. No.: (02) 655-8395

for more pictures: please click here

2 comments:

michymichymoo said...

Hi myas! Hope you can join us again next time. ;)

myas110 said...

sure, no problem! ;)